Discover the Vibrant History of the Canadian Pride Movement
Our workshop “Why Do You Need a Parade” delves into the inspiring history of the Canadian Pride Movement! Join in for an enlightening journey as we explore the milestones, struggles, and triumphs of this vibrant movement that has shaped Canada’s gender, sexual, and relationship diverse (GSRD) community. Don’t miss this opportunity to gain valuable insights from our knowledgeable speakers. Book us now and be a part of this enriching experience!
About our Workshop
Our virtual workshop provides a unique learning opportunity for your audience and would make an excellent addition to your diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) programming this year. Additionally, the cost of the workshop will assist our organization with accomplishing our mission of connecting people to the history of the Pride Movement in Canada through stories and promoting an understanding of why we have Pride. We have had the opportunity to host this event virtually with several Pride at Work Canada Proud Partner organizations and are hoping to share this knowledge with more individuals!
The Pride Movement has had and continues to have a tremendous impact on raising the profile of our GSRD community and promoting awareness about the oppression we face. Unfortunately, while Pride parades and festivals are becoming more recognized, their history is often unknown and, in some cases, forgotten.
This 45-minute presentation provides attendees with:
- An overview of the Canadian Pride Historical Society.
- Background on critical national and international events that helped lay the groundwork for the Canadian Pride Movement.
- A focused historical overview of local Prides within or near your audiences community (upon request).
- Suggested activities and resources that your audience can do to further learn about the Pride Movement in Canada.
Benefits of our presentation
- Educational Insights: Gain a better understanding of the history of Canada’s Pride Movement including its challenges and contributions to society.
- Cultural Awareness: Deepen your awareness and appreciation of the GDRD community’s rich cultural heritage and diversity.
- Inspirational Stories: Hear about activists and community leaders who have made a significant impact in advancing GSRD rights.
- Brave and Supportive Environment: Engage in thoughtful discussions in a respectful and inclusive space, promoting empathy and understanding.
- Networking: Provide a space for your team to connect and share their passion for inclusivity.